One of the newest divisions of the Mendon Police Department is its social media team. Our social media team has adopted the views of the Azusa, CA Police Department, a leader in defining the role of social media within the police department and in their community.
- • The fast pace of the world wide web, as well as the demands of our community, requires us to deal with more than just social media platforms, such as:
- • Design, develop and management of the department's website
- • Answering questions and addressing concerns through the website's forum
- • Receiving and assigning information received through our anonymous tip feature
- • Designing and distributing monthly email newsletters
- • Writing content for the department's blog
- • Video recording, editing and producing of various videos displayed on our YouTube channel
- • Photographing, editing and producing images for use on various platforms and articles
- • Creating crime alerts, wanted persons and missing person information for distribution on the world wide web
- • Reviewing analytical data for our platforms and website to find out where our audience is
- • Publishing content (copy, images, and video) on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- • Responding to questions and concerns on our social media platforms
- • Publishing emergency alert messages for the community
- • So as you can see, we don't "Do Social." We do so much more.
Creature Comforts, Quality of Life, Emergencies, And Disasters
We realize everyone wants to know why there are police cars on their street, or why there is a helicopter hovering over their home. We know what it's like to be stuck in traffic on Route 16, not knowing how to get around the traffic. And let's face it....many people prefer to text than call!
The digital media officer, to the extent possible, publishes timely information to the public, such as:
- • Community safety alerts during area searches for suspects
- • Announcements of lost or missing children, disabled or elderly subjects
- • Traffic congestion and detours
- • Community events
- • Crime prevention and safety tips
Contact the Social Media Division