Getting on the Bus:
Behavior on the Bus:
Getting off the Bus:
The School Resource Officer (SRO) program was implemented to create and maintain a safe, secure, and orderly learning environment for students parents, teachers and other school personnel. The SRO program is just that, a resource. This program represents and reflects a proactive community partnership between Mendon and the Mendon-Upton Regional School District (MURSD). The School Resource Officer, has the primary responsibility for collaborating with the schools in developing and improving safety education programs, supervising the training of members of the Department as it relates to school safety issues, and overseeing the maintenance of traffic control devices on or near school zones. The School Resource Officers is a valuable part of the Mendon-Upton Regional School District and an important link between students and the community.
Officer Stephen Sinko is Mendon Police Department’s first School Resource Officer in over ten years to be assigned to work in the schools full-time, Monday through Friday. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Acting as a resource and assisting with emergency preparedness as well as safety awareness education to various age groups
• Meeting regularly with MURSD staff students, and parents, to exchange information and discuss issues of concern within the school
• Serving as a point of contact to deliver programs such as crime prevention, conflict resolution, drug and alcohol awareness, violence prevention, and community relations outreach.
• Assist with calls for service and incidents occurring within the schools
• Assist with traffic safety and traffic enforcement activities at the schools