This is the official Social Media Policy of the Mendon Police Department in Mendon, Massachusetts. This department uses social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube to provide timely information regarding safety, events, bulletins, notices and general information for residents and visitors of our community, and to provide a platform for interaction with the Mendon Police. These social media pages are monitored and managed by Chief David H. Kurczy of the Mendon Police Department.
The Mendon Police Department manages this page as a limited public forum and therefore the following conditions apply:
A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
- Do not use our social media pages to report a crime for which the Mendon, Massachusetts Police Department would have jurisdiction. To report a crime or request a routine police response call (508) 478-2737.
- If you post information related to a crime on this our social media pages, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to subpoena, and in certain situations, endangering yourself or others.
- “Friending” between the Mendon Police Department and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Comments posted by others on the Mendon Police Department social media pages are not to be considered the opinion of the Mendon Police Department; nor does the Mendon Police Department endorse any third-party comments on this page.
- The Mendon Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Mendon Police Department.
- If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on this page, contact a Mendon Police Department social media administrator via private message or at MPDMediaRelations@mendonma.gov
- If you are looking for more information about the Mendon Police Department, please visit: www.mendonpolice.com
The Mendon Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on the Mendon Police Department social media pages. The Mendon Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
- include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
- spam or advertise,
- could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees, including personal attacks,
- are off-topic,
- have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy,
- include copyrighted material that belongs to another person,
- contain links to inappropriate websites.
Facebook’s Community of Standards
All comments posted to any Mendon Police Department Facebook site are bound by Facebook’s Community Standards, located at http://www.facebook.com/communitystandards, and the Mendon Police Department reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Community Standards to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
The Twitter Rules
When applicable, the Mendon Police Department reserves the right to report any violation of the Twitter Rules, located at https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311 with the intent of Twitter taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
Instagram Community Guidelines
When applicable, the Mendon Police Department reserves the right to report any violation of the Instagram Community Guidelines, located at https://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/ with the intent of Instagram taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
If you have any questions or comments about our Social Media Policy as outlined above, you can contact us at:
Social Media Team
Mendon Police Department
22 Main Street, Mendon, MA 01756